Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Is There Any Place I Can Go?


“Is there any place I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight?” (Psalm 139:7 MSG).

This past weekend I was driving across some rural roads to meet up with some friends and enjoy a couple days of leisure fishing. Unfortunately, as I was more than halfway to my destination I noticed that my vehicle was acting erratically. After stopping in order to check my engine it wasn’t long before I noticed that I was on an unfamiliar road far from home. However, after calling Roadside Assistance it became evident that I was not alone, because they knew exactly where I was. They had connected to my cell phone coordinates and so they were in touch with my location and could get someone to help me within the hour.

Now allow me to switch the route of our discussion and ask, have you ever felt lost and distant from God? Have you ever felt that during life’s journey in the midst of a raging storm you sensed the fear of being alone? To be honest this happens too many of us. If we were to read Psalm 139 in its entirety you would quickly discover the closeness of our Lord God’s intimacy. Friends, there is absolutely no place or time that our loving God is distant!

So where can I hide from a God who knows my every step before being taken and my every word before I pronounce it? The reality of this question is an answer that further declares,

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:37-39).

Prayer
Lord God, when I feel lost and distant, scared and fearful, I pray you will show me your tangible presence that reminds me that you are near with intimacy and love…

1 comment: