Monday, November 7, 2016

What Do You Thirst For?


As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42:1-2

In your life, what do you thirst for? What drives you to get up everyday? What fills the void of restlessness or emptiness in your life? Name your heartfelt passion.

There’s a false notion today that seeking after God is archaic and irrelevant. I realize that there are way too many items, interests, and dreams to chase after. But allow me to ask you what really lasts now a day as we live in our consumerist throwaway society?

In honesty, God and His promises aren’t just for salaried ministers. No, there is a Redeemer who came to us, everyday people, to move into the trenches of our daily lives in order to offer us a path toward lasting hope and life. His story is for us all who fell into sin and lost everything except a heart that thirsts for God.  Are you willing to taste living waters?

“Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life” (John 4:13-14)

 “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty” (John 6:35).


Prayer
Lord, I am everyday person that thirsts for a drink of Your living water. Forgive me for pursuing the rubbish of my life that never seems to consume my thirst of true satisfaction. May Your presence Jesus become so evident to my life that I am overwhelmed by Your hope and everlasting life!

No comments:

Post a Comment