Friday, March 11, 2016

Carefree


“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)

Sometime ago when I was a co-owner of local manufacturing company I was feeling very overwhelmed by the duties of the day and the anxiety level that had reached a new height. My to do list seemed longer than the number of hours and days within a week. Friends, if we can be honest we all face these anxious times in many ways throughout the seasons of our lives. Yet it was God who provided me with a lesson that still resonates in my heart today that I would like to share with you.

As I drove home that evening a car came alongside me that had a dog in the back seat. Its head hanging out of the window, I noticed how carefree this pup looked with the wind blowing through its fur and its ears flopping backward.  

At that moment I said to myself, “Okay God, you have my attention.” Maybe all I need to do is take my hands off the steering wheel of life and allow you to drive. This way I can hop in the backseat and be like the dog that radiated such a glow of happiness. This way I may take in the smells, sounds, and scenery in greater joy.

Friend, in honesty life can be tough at times and I acknowledge that, but do you have the faith to get out of the driver’s seat and let God drive your life? What are you hanging onto that is bringing in such anxiety? Today pause your time and move to the back seat so you might better enjoy our Lord’s direction for meaningful life and hope.

Prayer
Oh Father God, forgive me for the many times I attempt to drive through life by my own plans and conditions. Lord your plan for me is far greater than I can possibly grasp. Today I surrender the steering wheel to You so that I may experience the love You have for me. I pray this in the name of Jesus my Savior for Your Glory and Kingdom growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment