Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Purchased


“By His wounds we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5).

Lately I have been on a journey with other men as we discuss the aspect of simplifying our lives. Through our conversations within the pages of scripture it is apparent that our God is the creator and owner of everything that exists! The sacred Almighty Yahweh God breathed life into our very being and shaped everything around us from the microscopic cell to the vastness of the heavens and even announcing names for each star. (Reference examples: Psalm 24:1; Psalm 50:10; Psalm 147:4; Genesis 2:7)

Further if I were to ask you what is it that God sees when He looks at you, the answer would be His “treasured possession” or another often used term is His “chosen”. (Reference scripture: Exodus 19:5; Deuteronomy 7:6; Malachi 3:17; Colossians 3:12; 1 Peter 2:9)

Sadly though, we often believe that we, as our God’s creation and treasure, are better than our Creator and have chosen our own path away from His. Despite this fact our God refuses to leave us distant and went to the extreme of purchasing us through His own sacrifice of blood. Think of it, the One who created all actually went to the extent of buying us back and providing the means to regain us because of love. Inspired, the disciple Paul writes, “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

Oh Jesus, I can’t believe the price You paid for me that You chose me not because of anything I have done or will do, but because of Your love. I am healed and saved by Your wounds because You thought of me as Your treasured possession not worth losing.
Prayer
Jesus my Redeemer please have mercy upon me and forgive me for the many times I’ve chosen to walk away from You. You gave everything in order to purchase me and offer me the opportunity of true life eternal. How foolish I am. To the one who gave Your life upon the cross in order to make Your home within my heart redeem me and accept my heart and praise forever…

No comments:

Post a Comment