Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Story Continues


“But the truth is that Christ has been raised up, the first in a long legacy of those who are going to leave the cemeteries.” (MSG)
1 Corinthians 15:20

The fondness I had for my grandfather was his ability to share a good story. In a similar way this same love for a good story carries over into my Savior's story. The fact that He is the hero of this true story and further that He includes you and I upon every page.

And yet during our recent remembrance of our Lord’s sacrifice on Calvary’s hill I was struck by the impact that God’s story appears to abruptly end. Everything the followers of Jesus had hoped for in Him seemed finished as they laid His lifeless body into a tomb. This episode was the last page in a fine series as the rock was rolled over the tomb entrance or was it?

Now as I write these thoughts you might have something lying upon your heart and mind that appears that the story is dead. Maybe it is the death of a loved one, a broken relationship, and a plan that went sour when the doctor told you that you had a serious illness. I am not sure what you may be currently facing, but allow me to say that your story of hope has not ended! Jesus declares, “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25).

We will face difficulties and hardships upon the chapters of our life, but whatever page of the script you currently discover yourself, please know that at any second everything can change because Jesus can reconcile, redeem and renew anything. For Jesus blew open the stone guarding the opening of His tomb. Death could not keep Him captive, Jesus is the story and because of His resurrection the story continues. Therefore absolutely nothing can halt this story.

As the disciple Peter explains, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you" (1 Peter 1:3-4). Thank God!

Is your life story filled with His ever present hope and life?

Prayer Starter
Lord how often I feel I am just insignificant ink on a page when the theme of the story appears hopeless. Jesus, when the life I live appears like a story that is finished, You constantly remind me that You are the story that is never ending and further You are my Author to a new page and a new chapter because only You can rewrite any story.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment