Monday, February 20, 2017

Walking in the Grey of Fog


It was a few weekends ago and I was walking my dog as I usually do every morning when I found the fog to be particularly heavy. 

What is it about fog? 

Fog is simply a thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or near the earth's surface that obscures or reduces visibility. So allow me to ask you how many moments when your life walk felt obscured and restricted? In honesty there have been those times in my life when physically, mentally, or spiritually, where I have felt I was walking in the fog and the reality of life was obscured.

When we find ourselves dwelling in darkness or walking in the grey of fog, life can become difficult. However, it's encouraging to know that our Savior declared, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12). Not only is Jesus the source of light, but His word also reminds us that His light is LIFE! Our Redeemer's light brings the transformation of renewed life because He always dissipates the darkness.

"In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:4-5

Friends, when we allow His light to pierce the shadows of darkness and fog, the darkness will be conquered! He never leaves your side and within the darkest valleys, the thickest fog, He resides and like the morning sunrise the darkness quickly fades and life is renewed.

My prayers for those of you who currently dwelling within the darkness and may His brightness of light, the very life of His tangible presence invade the darkness that surrounds you to reveal His everlasting love...

Peace

 "The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death on them a light has dawned." 
Matthew 4:16


"And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever."
Revelation 22:5.


No comments:

Post a Comment